Browse Database Titles
- UCHC Access
(Proxy Needed For Off-Campus Access)
- Free Access
Citation Databases with links to full-texts subscribed by UCHC
|Web of Science|
Most Popular Databases
- Dental anatomy and interactive 3D tooth atlas. 3D Tooth Atlas only runs in Internet Explorer
- Get the password.
- Full text of the Lange series of basic science and clinical reference texts and resources like Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine and Hurst's The Heart.
- (One time registration needed) Cardiosource Plus is an educational resource from American College of Cardiology that covers cardiac information and the clinical trials database with downloadable summary slides, a clinical images database with over 6000 images in still and motion video formats, customizable patient handouts, Heart Songs, an online drug database (ePocrates), and an award-winning Self-Assessment Programs. Users must log in to have full access to Cardiosource Plus.
Cardiosource Plus (Remote Access)
- (One time registration needed)
with Full Text (EBSCO)
- An index to nursing and allied health journals. Includes citations, abstracts and some full text.
- The Cochrane Library provides reliable and up-to-date information on the effects of interventions in health care. Published on a quarterly basis, The Cochrane Library is designed to provide information and evidence to support decisions taken in health care and to inform those receiving care. The Cochrane Library includes the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE), Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL), Cochrane Database of Methodology Reviews (Methodology Register), Health Technology Assessment Database (HTA), and NHS Economic Evaluation Database (NHS EED).
- Leading provider of independent test results and information to help consumers and healthcare professionals evaluate health, wellness, and nutrition products.
- A medical information database with over 2,000 clinical topic summaries. Designed for use at the point of care, providing best available evidence and updated daily.
eMedicine--MedScape Reference (to replace
- (Formerly eMedicine) Please use this newly combined eMedicine/MedScape References).
Evidence Plus (Formerly "InfoRetriever")
- Please use Netscape 6.x or IE. Collection of evidence and reference materials including the InfoPOEMs database, Cochrane Abstracts and other clinical decision rules and support tools and clinical guidelines. Click to learn more about how to use it.
(USMLE Step 1,2 and 3)
- Access to USMLE Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 and National Board Dental Exam part I (NBDE Part 1) with 16,000+ questions and explanations and individual medical subjects and courses. How to Search Instruction.
Publications Database (UConn Health Center)
- Database currently includes 1968 to 2010 publications by UConn Health Center full-time faculty.
(Now called "Essential Evidence Plus")
- Please use Netscape 6.x or IE. Collection of evidence and reference materials including the InfoPOEMs database, Cochrane Abstracts, 5 Minute Clinical Consult and other clinical decision rules and support tools and clinical guidelines.
- Journal Citation Reports
- Provides quantitative measures for ranking, evaluating, categorizing, and comparing journals- including the impact factor, a bibliometric measurement of a journal's importance to a field.
- Lexi-Comp Online provides quick access to drug information.
- Lexi-Comp Online for Dentistry
- Includes Drug Information for Dentistry, Dental Office Medical Emergencies, Natural Therapeutics, Clinician's Endodontic Handbook, Atlas of Oral Soft and Hard Tissue Diseases, Manual of Dental Implants, Manual of Clinical Periodontics, Oral Surgery for the General Dentist, Illustrated Handbook of Clinical Dentistry, Little Dental Drug Booklet, and medication alerts.
- MD Consult
- Please note that MDConsult will be cancelled effective January 2014. For alternate ways to access resources, please see our subject guide: http://uchc.libguides.com/content.php?pid=485117
- Micromedex (Internet Version)
- Full-text drug info. From PDR, USP DI, Martindale's. Poisoning and Toxicology data, Drug Reactions, Patient Education handouts, MSDS sheets.
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database
- Information on natural medicines. How to Search Instruction
- Natural Standard
- Evidence-based information about complementary and alternative therapies. It contains three sub-databases: Herbs & supplements, condition center, and alternative modalities. To register for your free subscription please go to the Mobile Computing Software Discounts page. Proxy required for off-campus access)
- OvidSP (Formerly Ovid Online with Medline, Full Text Journals and HAPI)
- Includes Medline, Fulltext e-journals and Health and Psychosocial Instruments. Tutorial for OvidSP: Search Page Overview.
- PIER: ACP's Physician's Information and Education Resource
- Leading evidence-based medicine point-of-care tool from the American College of Physicians' peer reviewed resource. Sections on diseases, prevention, CAM and procedures are highly synthesized and designed for point-of-care use. Browse table of contents or search through Stat!Ref.
- Website that features DSM-IV-TR® and The American Journal of Psychiatry as the cornerstones of a collection of psychiatric references, including books, journals, and self-assessment tools. Much more than individual titles, PsychiatryOnline features sophisticated searching and indexing tools that enable users to quickly target all the information needed.Online collection of publications available in print.
- Citations & abstracts from 1,300 journals covering professional & academic literature in psychology and related disciplines. Made possible through ICONN.
- PsycArticles (Full-text Database)
- The APA Full-text Articles Database contains the full-text articles from over 40 APA journals and others, mostly from 1988 to present.
- PubMed (Medline, Premedline, and HealthSTAR)
- An index to 4,000 medical journals. Includes citations, abstracts and some full text. Includes links to articles in 957 full text electronic journals.
- PubMed (Medline, Premedline, and HealthSTAR)
- An index to 4,000 medical journals. Includes citations, abstracts and some full text. Includes links to articles in 957 full text electronic journals. This will link you to the full-texts subscribed by UCHC.
- World's largest journal indexing and abstracting database with 27 million records covering articles from 14,000 peer-reviewed titles from more than 4,000 international publishers.
- Cross-search about 40 medical resources such as DSM IV-TR, Merck Manual, and Nursing Diagnosis Reference Manual, among others.
- On-Campus use only
Synthesized clinical reference from over 270 journals giving current answers to patient care questions.
- USMLE Step 1, 2 and 3 (ExamMaster)
- Access to USMLE Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 and National Board Dental Exam part I (NBDE Part 1) with 16,000+ questions and explanations and individual medical subjects and courses. How to Search Instruction
- Access to more than 20,000 medical images with concise specialist-developed clinical information, in areas of medicine such as dermatologic, infectious, and drug-induced diseases. Mobile version available.
- Web of Science (SCI, SSCI and AHCI)
- Citations since 1994 in the sciences, social sciences, humanities and arts. This database also allows users to locate those scholarly works that have cited earlier published articles.